Digital University Development office, affiliating to Department of International Affairs, collaborates with Faculty of Medical Sciences and Faculty of Dentistry to conduct international conference on “Head and Neck Oncology.” The conference held between November 7-8, 2019 welcomes about 200 guests comprising of students and professors from international universities including; Massachusetts General Hospital (MGH), Harvard Medical School and the universities from The Netherlands, The Philippines, and Indonesia.
On November 7, 2019, the opening ceremony was conducted with the presence of Assoc. Prof. Charnchai Panthongviriyakul (MD), an acting president of KKU, who delivered a welcome remark to the participants. The ceremony was chaired by Dr. Narongchai Akaraseranee, a president of KKU Council. The conference highlights medical updates on interdisciplinary approaches against head and throat cancers. Listed below are names of the 12 Thai and international trainers attended different sessions of the conference:
– Dr. Lori J. Wirth, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
– Dr. Derrick T. Lin, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
– Dr. Maria J. Troulis, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard School of Dental Medicine, USA
– Dr. James F. McIntyre, Massachusetts General Hospital/North Shore Cancer Center, Harvard Medical School, USA
– Dr. William C. Faquin, Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School, USA
– Asst. Prof. Aumkhae Sookprasert, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University
– Asst. Prof. Patravoot Vatanasapt, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University
– Asst. Prof. Palakorn Surakunprapha, Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University
– Dr. Suthin Jinaporntham, Faculty of Dentistry, Khon Kaen University
– Prof. Marlinda Adham, Faculty of Medicine, Universitas Indonesia, Indonesia
– Prof. Cees A. Meeuwis, Erasmus MC–Daniel den Hoed Cancer Center, The Netherlands
– Prof. Alfredo Pontejos, Department of Otolaryngology, University of the Philippines Manila, Philippines
This conference was held partially to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the Faculty of Dentistry and to mark the university’s attempt to broadcast its name to the international academy. The conference was also aimed to help foster collaboration among international specialists on the measures to be taken against the life-threatening diseases of head and throat cancers.