His Majesty King Maha Vajiralongkorn, King Rama 10, and Her Majesty the Queen Suthida Bajrasudhabimalalakshana, Queen of Thailand, presided at a ceremony on February 15, 2021, to award outstanding civil servants with the Dushdi Mala Medal of Honor. Professor Pisake Lumbiganon, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, the Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, was awarded the Dushdi Mala Medal of Honor at this ceremony, with six other professors from other Thai Institutes.
The Dushdi Mala Medal was created in 1882 and is the highest level of award for a Thai civil servant. It is divided in to 9 different fields 1) Humanitarian 2) Education 3) Art 4) Social Science 5) Science 6) Engineer 7) Medicine 8) Agricultural 9) Other field as the committee sees fit. The medal is only awarded to people who have made outstanding contributions to the development and growth of Thailand. Professor Pisake Lumbiganon was Dean for the Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University, between 2009 – 2013 and his national and international recognition includes:
- President, The Royal Thai College of the Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Technical advisor, Department of Reproductive Health and Research, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
- Technical Consultant, Johns Hopkins Program for International Education in Reproductive Health, USA
- Member of the Steering Committee, Task Force for Epidemiological Research in Reproductive Health, WHO, Geneva, Switzerland
- Member of the Editorial Board, WHO Reproductive Health Library, Geneva, Switzerland
- Member of the Core Committee on Perinatal Health, International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Member of the Health System Research Task Force, The World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
- Maternal and Perinatal Health Near Miss & Preterm Birth Steering Committee, Department of Reproductive Health and Research, The World Health Organization, Geneva, Switzerland
- And many other position internationally.
The Faculty of Medicine heartily congratulates him on this great auspicious occasion.
Written by: Natakon Naowarojna and Santipong Hongseangthai (programer and graphic designer)
International Relations Office, Research and International Relations Affairs
Faculty of Medicine, Khon Kaen University